The Smartest Way to Save & Invest Online
We Value Your Privacy
This policy (together with our Terms and Conditions) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
By continuing to visit our website (https://Havvest.com) and using our mobile application (Havvest App) (together the Platforms) as well as other sites we own and operate, you accept and consent to the practices described in this policy. For the purposes of clarity, “we,” “us,” “our,” “Havvest” “Havvest Finance Global” refers to Havvest Finance Global Limited. The “Services” refer to the use of any of the services or products on any of the Platforms. “You” refers to consumers of the Services. “Personal Information,” or “Personal Data” means any information that identifies or can be used to identify you, directly or indirectly, including, but not limited to name, email address, mobile number, photograph, bank details or IP address.
Information We Collect and Use
- We only ask for personal information when we truly need it to provide a service to you. We collect it by fair and lawful means, with your knowledge and consent. We also let you know why we’recollecting it and how it will be used.
- We collect information about you from a variety of sources, such as: website visits, applications,identification documents, personal financial statements, interactions with relationship managers,and other third parties and other written or electronic communication reflecting information such asyour name, address, passport details, identification numbers, telephone number, occupation,assets, income and any other we deem necessary.
- We only retain collected information for as long as necessary to provide you with your requested service. What data we store, we’ll protect within commercially acceptable means to prevent loss and theft, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We don’t share any personally identifying information publicly or with third-parties, except when required to by law.
Non-Personal Information Collected by Us
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer or mobile devices whenever you visit a website. Cookies have many uses, such as memorizing your preferences to tailor your experiences while on our site– or to help us analyse our website traffic.
- Some cookies are essential to access certain areas of the Platforms
- We use analytics cookies to help us understand how you use our site to discover what content is most useful to you.
Consent for Collection, Use and Disclosure
Use of Your Personal Information
The collection and use of Personal Data by Havvest is guided by certain principles and any personal information provided by you to Havvest will be used with your consent, or under the following underlisted instances:
- Cases where processing of personal data is required for the fulfilment of a contractual obligation.
- Cases where processing of personal data is required for compliance with legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Cases where processing is required to protect your vital interest or that of any other natural person.
- Cases where processing is required for an activity to be carried in significant public interest.
- Cases where processing is required for legitimate interests of Havvest or a third party insofar as this does not conflict with the requirements for the protection of your personal data.
With your consent as provided under this Policy, your personal information is used in:
- Updating and enhancing Havvest’s records
- Executing your instructions.
- Establishing your identity and assessing applications for our products and services
- Pricing and designing our products and services
- Administering our products and services to you
- Managing our relationship with you
- Managing our risks
- Identifying and investigating illegal activity (i.e.), such as fraud
- Contacting you, for example in instances where we suspect fraud on your account
- Conducting and improving our businesses and improving your experience with us
- Preventing money laundering or terrorism financing activities.
- Complying with our legal obligations and assisting government and law enforcement agencies or regulators/supervisors
- Identifying and informing you about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you.
- Processing your job application if you apply for a job with us.
We may also collect, use and exchange your information in other ways permitted by law.
We sometimes use automated systems and software to help us reach decisions about you, for example, to carry out security, fraud and money laundering checks, or to process your data when you apply for some of our products and services.
This type of processing is carried out under lawful basis and you can contact us to request that automated processing be reviewed by a human being if you detect any inaccuracies in your personal data.
Information We Share
We may share the information about you and your dealings with us, to the extent permitted by law and at all times in accordance with our legal obligations under the Nigerian Data protection Regulation (NDPR) and other extant data protection laws applicable to us, with the following persons and in the following instances:
- Employees, independent contractors, subsidiaries, affiliates, consultants, business associates, service providers, suppliers and agents, acting on our behalf for any of the identified purposes. We also provide information to representatives and advisors, including attorneys and accountants, to help us comply with legal, accounting, or security requirements.
- Regulators/Supervisors, Government Agencies/courts - It may be necessary by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence for Havvest to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate.
- External Auditors.
- Havvest’s strategic partners/service providers – for the purpose of improving and providing our products and services to you. Your Personal information will not be shared with third parties for their marketing purposes.
We may also disclose information about you:
- if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users.
- Information about our customers and their usage of our website is not shared with third parties for their marketing purposes. We do not disclose any information about any user’s usage of our web site except in specific cases, and we do not share information with any unaffiliated third parties for marketing purposes unless you expressly give us permission to do so.
How We Protect Your Information
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to prevent loss, unauthorized access, misuse, modification or disclosure of information under our control. This may include the use of encryption, access controls and other forms of security to ensure that your data is protected. We require all parties including our staff and third-parties processing data on our behalf to comply with relevant policies and guidelines to ensure confidentiality and that information is protected in use, when stored and during transmission. Our security controls and processes are also regularly updated to meet and exceed industry standards.
Where we have provided you (or where you have chosen) a password or access or authentication code or information which grants you access to specific areas on our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We request that you do not to share your password or other authentication with anyone. If you do, you will be responsible for all actions taken in the name of your account and the consequences. If you lose control of your password, you may lose substantial control over your Personal Information and other information submitted to us. Therefore, if your password has been compromised for any reason or if you have grounds to believe that your password has been compromised, you should immediately contact us and change your password.
Where We Store Your Information
All Personal Information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers as well as secure physical locations and cloud infrastructure (where applicable). We may also subcontract processing or storage of information to third parties and the data that we collect from you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside Nigeria or the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including countries that do not have laws providing specific protection for personal data or those that have different legal rules on data protection. Whenever your information is transferred to another location, we will take all necessary steps to ensure that your data is handled securely and in accordance with this Policy.
We will only transfer Personal Information outside the country upon compliance with the provisions of any applicable law in relation to transfer of Personal Information outside Nigeria.
How Long We Store Your Information
We retain your data for as long as is necessary for the business and/or legal purposes that it was collected. Storage of your data is also determined by legal, regulatory, administrative or operational requirements. We only retain information that allows us comply with legal and regulatory requests for certain data, meet business and audit requirements, respond to complaints and queries, or address disputes or claims that may arise.
In addition, we may retain your information for an additional period as is permitted or required to, among other things, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce agreements.
Data which is not retained is securely destroyed when it is identified that is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
You have certain rights available to you, these include
- The right to access your personal information held by us. Your right of access can be exercised by sending an email to email@example.com
- The right to rectify inaccurate or incomplete information.
- withdraw consent for processing in cases where consent has previously been given.
- restrict or object to processing of your personal data. We might continue to process your data if there are valid legal reasons.
- lodge a formal complaint with the appropriate supervisory authority should you feel your data privacy rights are not being adequately protected by us.
You also have the right to:
- Request that your personal data be made available to you in a common electronic format and/or request that such data be sent to a third party.
- Request that your information be erased. We might continue to retain such data if there are valid legal, regulatory or operational reasons.
Maintaining Accurate Information
Keeping your account information accurate and up to date is very important. You represent that all Personal Information provided to us is accurate for the identified purpose.
You have access to your account information, which includes your contact information, account balances, transactions and similar information through various means, thus you are responsible for informing us about any changes to your Personal Information from time to time.
If you discover any inaccuracies in your personal information, please promptly notify us, via our e-channels, and provide the required documentary evidence, to enable us to implement the necessary updates or changes.
Third-Party Sites and Services
Havvest’s websites, products, applications, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products and services. Our products and services may also use or offer products or services from third parties. Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details is governed by their privacy practices and Havvest will not be liable for any breach of confidentiality or privacy of your information on such sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of any linked third-party website. If you have questions about the privacy policies or practices of such linked websites; you should contact the web administrator of the site directly. We also encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
Social Media Platforms
Privacy of Children
Havvest’s Policy contains the following disclosure statement for children:
"Havvest respects the privacy of children. We do not knowingly collect names, email addresses or any other personally identifiable information from children. We do not knowingly market to children nor do we allow children under 18 to open online accounts." Consequently, Havvest shall not be liable for any use or processing of Personal Information of persons under the age of 18.
Havvest may sometimes contact you with products or services that we think may be of interest to you. If you don’t want to receive such promotional materials from us, you can opt out at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
To contact our Data Protection Officer, kindly address your request to email@example.com